Saturday 6 March 2010

Handmade Gifts

Photobucket

I am lucky enough to come from a crafty family of knitters and seamstresses!

My Mum can sew almost anything she turns her hand too, my Mother-in-law can crochet amazing blankets, my Auntie can knit fantastic characters and my cousin's wife can follow the most complicated knitting patterns I have ever seen!

They are all happy to make a handmade gift for special occasions and their creations are all so beautiful I wanted to share them here

My baby daughter has received some gorgeous handmade gifts including a group of knitted animals from my Auntie, made up of a koala, a bunny, a pig and a panda. I think the koala is my favourite as I love the ears!

Photobucket

The same Auntie also knitted us a lovely bride and groom when we got married last year, they are so cute!

Photobucket

My cousin's wife knitted our baby the most beautiful blanket, it's really hard to capture the 3-D detail in a photo, but it really is stunning

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She also knitted a pretty little mauve cardigan

Photobucket

And, she also knitted us a wedding cake as a gift last year, and yes, I did say wedding cake...

Photobucket

My Mother-in-law made three crochet blankets, this one if my favourite:

Photobucket

Photobucket

My Mum made some Paddinton bear curtains for the nursery, which I blogged about here

Photobucket

And finally, I was delighted to receive this gorgeous wall plaque for my baby from Lisa of Seaurchin. I am lucky enough to have met her via Etsy.

Photobucket

I love each and every handmade gift that has been made for me, my husband and our baby daughter. There is something very special about they fact someone has taken the time to make a gift for you and I will treasure all of them for a long, long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love coming across lovers of crochet....beautiful and whimsical creations here! and all with a hook and yarn...

I posted about crochet today...come by and have a read..
i'll look for your follow button after posting this...

hope to see you soon! ciao

carmelina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails